Guitar Hero 3 was developed by Neversoft and published by Activision and RedOctane. It is the third main installment in the Guitar Hero series, and the fourth title overall. The game was released for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360 in October 2007. [Info from Wikipedia]
Dirty Harry noticed that in early videos of the game there are some notable differences:
- In the final, there is no 1x combo. When no combo is earned the amp is blank, only showing 2x, 3x, and 4x combos.
- All of the combos are orange. In the final the 2x is orange, the 3x is green and the 4x is pink.
- The frets at the bottom look more like they do in Guitar Hero II in the beta.
- The ‘Star Power Ready’ message is much more bland and less exciting than in the final.
- There is no lightning effect when you get star power.
Thanks to Dirty Harry and Jason for the contribution!
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by monokoma (see all)
There is no lightning effect when you get star power.
Thanks Jason! I’m going to add that too :)
The cover of Same Old Song and Dance was made but the cover sounded horrible. Insteed the single version of Aerosmith’s master track was featured instead.
when you activate star power in the beta, the rocker doesn’t do any awesome tricks and the camera doesn’t focus on the rocker when star power is activated, either. plus, when you whammy down on star power notes, they don’t turn blue as they are whammied.
The note streak meter flies up and falls down slower in the beta, and goes to zero and counts again as the animation plays. In the final, it goes blank and animates faster.