Reich is a cancelled FPS that was in development by Ignition Entertainment Florida for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC. Other than blade and fire weapons, the main character would have had some powerful telekinetic abilities, as seen in the awesome leaked videos below, from noigniton’s Youtube Channel. The game was set in a sort of post-apocalyptic Germany, in which a new totalitarian regime would have ruled the country. Some features of the game were:
- Unreal Engine 3 (modified w/ deferred lighting, physics engine was custom-made, and some other techy stuff)
- Game was based on the idea that “Ambrosia” fueled your “psi-powers”.
- Psi blades were blades attached to arms (think Baraka from MK3). This was eventully ditched.
- Art direction for 6 month was to not have any curves in art. so everything was flat like boxes. Many people hated it.
- Planned release for 10-10-10
As we can read on Develop Online, Reich was cancelled after the management executive of the studio mismanaged over $20 millions of funds that were meant to be used to finish the game:
The recent collapse of Ignition’s Florida studio, which left some 70 developers without a job, put the Reich project to a premature end.
Reich looked really promising, but sadly we’ll never be able to play it because of economic and management issues.
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by monokoma (see all)
- Naughty Dog’s Lost Sci-Fi Game (Savage Starlight?) [PS3 – Cancelled] - 08-01-2019
- Crimson Skies 3 [Xbox 360 – Cancelled] - 08-01-2019
- Justice for Hire (Midway) [Playstation – Cancelled] - 21-12-2018