Wicked Witch Software is a video game developer founded in 2001 which created a few original IPs for their projects. One of these IPs was “War Monster”, a medieval fantasy world similar to Warcraft that could have been used for many different kinds of games, such as RTS, platform, action adventure and even MMORPG. This Nintendo DS tech demo was created by the team to pitch their skills to different publishers, hoping to find someone who could be interested in supporting their ideas.
Details about this War Monster DS demo were shared by WWS on their old website:
“We would love to see an awesome multiplayer RPG on handheld. Imagine while traversing the open world you come across a dungeon: you could enter alone or connect to other players to explore the dungeon together. Each dungeon would increase in difficulty and adjust the challenges as more players join your team!
- Deeply immersive 3d world and a varied cast of characters from tiny fairies to massive giants!
- Unlimited random levels and scripted quests to complete and achieve!
- Immersive RPG elements with customizable characters, weapons, abilities and attacks.
- Unlock and explore worlds and seek out mystical items to aid in your adventure.”
As with their Game Boy Color version of War Monster, unfortunately the team was not able to get funds to work on this Nintendo DS project, so it had to be canned. The War Monster IP was later reused to create a RTS released (?) for Cell Phones.
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
- Solar (Brat Design) [PC – Cancelled] - 20-06-2021
- Meiro Daikatsugeki Pata Pata Panic [NES / Famicom – Cancelled] - 20-06-2021
- Jibaku-kun: Zero no Ki no Kajitsu [Game Boy Color – Cancelled] - 19-06-2021