Do you remember the cancelled Resident Evil port that was in development for the GameBoy color? A playable “almost finished” beta version of this game does exist out there and now it’s our chance to preserve it and share the rom with everyone. Kiff at the Assembler Games Forum has opened a foundraising campaign to raise about $2,000 to be able to release the game publically ($124.06 raised so far). Check the original topic on Assembler or read the details below to help the preservation of Resident Evil GBC!
Midnight (GMT) 29th February 2012
PayPal payments only to – [email protected]
- All donations should be sent via ‘gift’ or ‘payment owed’ (Nobody wants to be paying fees on a fundraiser)
- All donations to be sent in US dollars ($) only; donations sent in any other currency will be returned
- If the total isn’t reached by the allotted date then ALL donations will be returned
Most people are probably aware of this title but for those that aren’t – This was canned around 90% into development (so so close to release; what a shame). It was designed by HotGen to be a direct conversion of the Playstation original. Capcom refused the final build in 2000 saying that they ‘were not confident that the product would have made both consumers and Capcom happy’.
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
- MechAssault 3 [Xbox 360 – Cancelled] - 21-09-2020
- Streets of Rage Online (BottleRocket) [PS3, Xbox 360 – Cancelled] - 21-09-2020
- Blackstar (Spacetime Studios) [PC – Cancelled] - 21-09-2020