Theseis (AKA Thesis) is an action adventure that was in development by greek team Track7 Games, to be published by Ubisoft (?) for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC. The project was started in early 2005, but after a couple of years of active promotion, Theseis vanished without traces and we can assume that it will never be released. It’s possible that they did not find a publisher interested in their project.
In the original press release we can read more about the game’s unseen features:
-A gripping storyline that places you in a Greece full of marvel, danger and back-stage scheming, just beneath the surface of everyday life.
– Play with both Andronicos and Pheve as they race against men and monsters to uncover the secret of Theseis.
– Frantic action and intriguing puzzles. Challenge both speed and wit in every corner of this dark fantasy world.
– Colorful characters and localities, ranging from neo-classical buildings to the grim depths of Hades.
– Innovative customized new power graphic engine, built specially to portray the full glory of Theseis’ stunning environments.
– Dynamic original music score.
Thanks to Celine for the contribution!
monokoma, login to the forum
I try to check the forum now and then, but i never have enough time or when i have some time, the forum is super slow :(
I only watched the last video, but those animations are terrible, especially for an FMV
The animations are handmade, with no motion cap I am pretty sure.
I would support them if it were released though.
woooah, this looks really cool.
Damn, i hope it gets released… i’d buy it in a heartbeat
Yes it was cancelled when track7 went out of business in 2010..
Hello, in 2014, the official website of the game was updated with very interesting informations (and screenshots, video of E3 gameplay and others bonus !) about the game and its cancellation : http://theseis.darkopolis.com/about/
For the lovers of this aborted game, it’s a gold mine to understand this sad fail. The game was been developped between 2004 and 2009, and finally, has been too ambitious and complex for a small amateur team.