Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure is a Nintendo DS action-adventure and puzzle game created by Kyle Gray, who founded the “Experimental Gameplay Project” with Kyle Gabler, the creator of World of Goo. Gray led a seven-man team at EA Tiburon to develop the game. While the game is an action-platformer on the top screen, once enemies are defeated by Hatsworth, they are sent to the bottom screen as puzzle blocks. [Info From Wikipedia]
In the beta version of the game there were some differences in the HUD, levels and gameplay:
- The Puzzle Meter was in the top screen.
- Different icon for the Rifle weapon.
- “Young” Henry had a full series of “silver hearts” to consume before return to the “old” Henry. In the final game, only half of the hearts are silver ones. It was like to have 2 energy bars at once (making the game easier).
- Some of the puzzle blocks had a different design / face.
- Henry’s animations were still incomplete.
- A couple of parts in the beta videos seem to be from a removed level or an early design of a final one.
- The bouncing baloons were pink, instead of yellow.
Also, in the concept arts we can notice many Bosses that were cut from the final game, as the ones that look like Benjamin Franklin or the 3 muscle men from the circus. In the artworks we can even see early and unused designs for the normal enemies, Henry’s ship (from one of the secret levels) and puzzle blocks.
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
- The Institute (Dimension Creative Designs) [PC – Cancelled] - 28-10-2021
- Geisha Warriors [PC Engine – Cancelled] - 28-10-2021
- Command & Conquer Renegade 2: Battlegrounds [Cancelled – PC] - 27-10-2021