If you search in the codes of Ruby & Sapphire, you can find music from Generation 2 (Gold, Silver, Crystal). Known pieces include:
- BGM from Route 38 & 39
- BGM from Pokemon Communication Center
- BGM from Generation 2 Saffron City
- BGM from Crystal’s legendary beasts battles
- Team Rocket’s Theme
Is unknown why these music tracks were put in it. Maybe it was for being able to go to Johto or even Kanto, or just stand-ins.
There was also two beta Pokemons: Shellos & Gastrodon. If you’ve played Pokemon Diamond/Pearl you sure know which these are, and they were actually going to be included in Ruby & Sapphire. Shellos & Gastrodon though were not supposed to look like they did in Diamond/Pearl. This how they were going to look like:
Shellos‘s beta back sprite
Gastrodon‘s beta back sprite
For more infos: Bulbapedia
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
- Human Nature [PC – Cancelled] - 13-06-2020
- Baldur’s Gate 3: The Black Hound [Cancelled – PC] - 19-01-2020
- Colliderz (Sega Saturn) Prototype Found & Preserved - 19-01-2020