Terranigma, AKA Tenchi Sōzō in Japan, is an action RPG developed by Quintet and published by Enix / Nintendo for the Super Nintendo in 1995 / 1996. Unfortunately, the game was never released in the US, but managed to attain cult status in Japan and Europe, regarded by some RPG fans as one of the best role playing games on the system. Before the game was released, gaming magazines published some beta screenshots, in which we can see some interesting differences:
- It was possible to climb towers using claws / bare hands, instead than chains (it’s possible to climb some walls with claws in the final game, but only much later in the game)
- There was some sort of green plant around the HUD
- Different rooms layouts
- In the first tower, the second floor looked like the third floor from the final game
A video from the same beta version was also published in “brute press” (?) VHS Vol.24 July 1995 (【非売品】ブルートプレス Vol.24 1995年7月号). If you notice more differences, let us know in the comments below!
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by monokoma (see all)
- Incursion (Argonaut Games) [PC – Cancelled] - 14-08-2018
- Farnation (Sega) [Dreamcast, Xbox – Cancelled] - 08-08-2018
- Aero the Acrobat 3: A3RO [Playstation – Cancelled Pitch] - 02-08-2018