Sonic Extreme is a pitch / early proto created by Vision Scape Interactive, that was recently discovered by ProtonX (from the Assembler Forum) on a development unit for the original Xbox console. The project features Sonic skateboarding around in an area reminiscent of Heroes‘s Seaside Hill. Additionally, there appears to be a battle mode with Sonic and Shadow built in the same split-screen style as Sonic Adventure 2: Battle / Mario Kart. Probably Vision Scape Interactive tried to pitch this project to SEGA, but without luck.
Vision Scape Interactive were also working on other cancelled games:
- Tech Dude- Extreme Sports Game
- Tiltronica- Action Party Game
- Speed Metal- Car Combat/RPG
- Revelations – Adventure/RPG
Article by Mariosegafreak
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by U64 Staff & Contributors (see all)
- Plague of Darkness [XBOX/PS2 – Cancelled] - 15-02-2023
- TimeShift/Chronos [Beta – Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, PC] - 09-01-2023
- Zombies : The Awakening (Krysalide) [PC/XBOX/PS2 – Cancelled] - 22-12-2022
the many games of Sonic’s doppleganger/rival Shadow
1. Sonic Adventure 2/ S A 2 battle (SEGA Dreamcast, Nintendo Gamecube)
2. Sonic Heroes (Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox, Playstation 2)
3. Sonic Battle (Game Boy Advance) (his ONLY sprite appearance)
4. SEGA All Stars (Playstation 2)
5. Shadow The Hedgehog (Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox, Playstation 2)
6. Sonic Riders (Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox, Playstation 2)
7. Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 (Xbox 360, Playstation 3)
8. Sonic Rivals (PSP)
9. Sonic and the Secret Rings (multiplayer only) (Nintendo Wii)
10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS)
11. Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (Nintendo Wii, Playstation 2)
12. Super Smash Bros Brawl (as an assist trophy only) (Nintendo Wii)
13. Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP)
14. Sonic and the Black Knight (as Sir Lancelot) (Nintendo Wii)
15. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS)
16. SEGA Super Stars Tennis (Almost every next gen console except PS2 which was last gen)
17. Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing (Almost every next gen console)
18. Sonic Free Riders (Xbox 360)
19. Sonic Colours (DS version only)
20. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS) (coming in late 2011)
and Sonic Chronicles the Dark Brotherhood for the Nintendo DS makes 21
It looks like a really dumbed down version of sonic riders for gamecube and wii.
I’m with Maddude.
I don’t suppose we have a year on this one?
Depending on the time frame, Sega either liked the concept or Sega already had Riders in developement and so they pretty much told Vision Space “sorry”.
But is it really common practice to put so much work into a mere pitch?
I suppose there’s also the third possibility.
Sega signed Vision Scape to work on their own project, and for whatever yanked it from them.
Comparing this version to the original Saturn one, it’s kind of easy to see why it didn’t make it. I mean the animations are really nice and having a model style that resembles the older sonic was a nice touch but in the end I wouldn’t see many people going out to buy this game if it were to be made at it’s current state. Go back to the warpy world extreme.
I heard that it was cancelled because of negative feedback from the testers (or the public). Kinda ironic, coming from the same company which released Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.
How did you get this game to work?
My copy of the game freezes when at the loading screen before it starts the level.
Where i can buy this game???