The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons was published by Nintendo and developed by Capcom’s Flagship Studio for the Gameboy Color. In the early screenshots released for the game we can notice many beta differences. In the gallery below you can see some of these beta screens:
- The waggon that we see in the opening place (when Din is dancing near the fire) was once set near the first dungeon too. In the final game it’s never in there.
- The sprites for the trees and flowers were different in the beta version
- There are some circle green things near a signboard in one of the beta screens, that does not exist in the final game.
- The entrance of the first dungeon was different and it did not had a keyhole.
- Impa’s house was in a slightly different place.
- There are also many areas in these beta screens that does not look like any other areas in the final game. It’s possible that in this early build they created a small playable demo in a placeholder world, just to shown how the Seasons System worked.
As the game have a complex password system that change some of the content, some of these differences could still be in the final version. If you have more info, please let us know!
Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons were originally going to be themed parts of the Triforce Trilogy along with Mystical Seed of Courage. Each of the three games originally had a piece of the Triforce and one of its qualities (Wisdom, Power or Courage) assigned to them. This idea was scrapped relatively late in the development process, and the games were re-branded to remove all mention of this Triforce theme.[Info from Zelda Wikia]
Thanks to the X-Cult Community for the contribution!
You can find more info about Zelda: Oracle of Seasons in the Zelda Wiki!
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by monokoma (see all)
- Naughty Dog’s Lost Sci-Fi Game (Savage Starlight?) [PS3 – Cancelled] - 08-01-2019
- Crimson Skies 3 [Xbox 360 – Cancelled] - 08-01-2019
- Justice for Hire (Midway) [Playstation – Cancelled] - 21-12-2018