Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a sandbox action game developed by Rockstar North, originally released for the PlayStation 2 in October 2004 and later ported to the Xbox and Microsoft Windows. In the gallery below you can see some early screens with beta differences, noticed by Sir_Brando and bazaaboy44:
- Image 1: Big Smoke and and Sweet in Beta clothes
- Image 2: Main charaters in beta clothes; Taken out character on bottom right.
- Image 3: Beta CJ face
- Image 4: Beta skin and fat CJ; Taken out Grove Street character, third from left.
- Image 5: Homies were originally able to follow CJ into buildings, such as stores, restaurants and safehouses.
- Image 6: Taken out woman chararacter
- Image 7: Hooded Grove Street character on right was taken out.
- Image 8: Taken out Grove Street character.
- Image 9: Car washes, similar to the ones in GTA IV were originally accessible, but due to limitations of the game engine, they are non-functional in the final.
A “sex mini-game” was removed from the final version, but still hidden in its code (from Wikipedia):
In mid-June 2005, a software patch for the game dubbed the “Hot Coffee mod” was released by Patrick Wildenborg (under the Internet alias “PatrickW”), a 38-year old modder from the Netherlands. The name “Hot Coffee” refers to the way the released game alludes to the unseen sex scenes. In the unmodified game, the player takes his girlfriend to her front door and she asks him if he would like to come in for “some coffee”. He agrees, and the camera stays outside, swaying back and forth a bit, while moaning sounds are heard.
After installing the patch, users can enter the main character’s girlfriends’ houses and engage in a crudely rendered, fully clothed sexual intercourse mini-game.
Thanks to Solidshake, Sir_Brando, PCloadletter and bazaaboy44 for the contributions!
Videos (Hot Coffee):
There are also some missions that were cut from the final release of the game, altrough there is a mod for PC that you can play these missions, also there are some changes in some missions that were modified in the final version:
-There are many deleted missions which include The Truth is Out There and Impounded, or missions with different objectives which include Doberman, Photo Opportunity and Beat Down on B Dup.
-In the first version of Saint Mark’s Bistro, CJ had to chase Marco Forelli with a car in the streets of Portland, but for some reason, Portland is not full in the final version (only Saint Mark’s, Red Light District and some place of Chinatown and Portland View) and the road isn’t solid anywhere.
-Fish in a Barrel was supposedly an actual mission instead of a mere cutscene.
-In Sweet’s Girl, originally Sweet did not have a gun, so CJ escorted him out.
-In Photo Opportunity, unused text implies that CJ hijacked and used a helicopter.
-There was going to be a mission involving a search for Big Smoke.
-There was going to be a different race in the Los Santos Stadium.
-There were San Fierro Rifa gang tags. The texture is still in the game files.