Black & White: Creatures is a cancelled DS game that was based on the original Black & White, a PC game developed by Lionhead Studios and published by Electronic Arts and Feral Interactive in 2001. The original game was a “God Simulation”, which included elements of artificial life, strategy, and fighting games, but we are not sure about the gameplay of this unreleased DS port.
It seems that Black & White DS was going to be more like a “Pet Simulator”, in which to raise your creature to make it to fight against other creatures. Here’s the original press release:
* Numerous game play modes: Single Player, Creature Quest, Creature Pen, Creature Battle Multiplayer and a Creature Dance mini-game where you can teach your creature to get down!
* 10 different species of creatures with several new, never-before-seen breeds
* Specific DS touch screen features include custom tattoo design and ‘God’s Hand’ stylus control to punish or reward your creature via specific stylus movements
* Revolutionary creature AI adds a deeper training simulation and strategy game play experience
* Huge array of animations, personalities and actions bring your creature to life
* Pit your creature against your friend’s creatures via the Nintendo DS wireless link
* Use the Nintendo DS microphone to verbally berate or encourage your creature during training
* 8 different island environments ranging from arid deserts to frozen tundras
* Hundreds of awards and items to collect and unlock
* Based on the award winning franchise from Lionhead Studios
After some months / year of development by Full-Fat studio, Black & White Creatures vanished without any official statment.
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by U64 Staff & Contributors (see all)
- Unseen64 summer break to complete our book! - 10-08-2016
- Heroes of Might and Magic 5 [PC – Alpha / Beta] - 25-07-2016
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis [Beta – PC] - 05-07-2016