Atari Karts is a Mario Kart-style racing game for Atari Jaguar published by Atari Games and developed by Miracle Designs Ltd. The game music was composed in 1994 by Fabrice Gillet in Protracker on an Amiga. Both he and the people who created the in-game artwork are not listed in the game’s credits at the end of the game. The manual refers to them as the “Miracle Designs Team”. [Info from Wikipedia]
Gamepopper101 has found a beta video of the game from viMasterJag’s YT Channel. Some of the differences shown in the video should be:
- Different title theme
- Different character on title screen (final release is Bently Bear)
- Menu screen is different (but uses the same text font)
- No Background on menu screen
- Three characters not found in final version: Pum King, Firebug, Miracle Man (?)
- Character selection screen is also different
- Missing stages (?)
- Camera moves to back of player differently in beta (it moves like in Super Mario Kart in the final version) (?)
- Possible different music in stages (?)
Thanks to Gamepopper101 for the contribution!
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
- Deadline (Microflash) [PC – Cancelled] - 19-10-2020
- Blur 2 (Bizarre Creations) [Cancelled – Xbox 360, PS3, PC] - 19-10-2020
- Raphael (Sensory Sweep) [Xbox 360, PS3 – Cancelled] - 13-10-2020