Founded in 2009, The Axel Project aims to recreate the original Half Life 2 beta leak story line as envisioned by VALVe circa 2003. Their upcoming binary patch features numerous fixes to engine stability as well as the addition of retail engine features (such as background maps, bloom). For a full list of features and fixes, see The Axel Project blog!
Some key highlights:
* Updated water shader
– Fixed blackness
– Improved refraction
* Fixed several engine exploits
* Improved rendering performance
* Updated VGUI (transition effects and improved stability)
* Added FP16 HDR
– With luminance-based bloom
– Controllable via ConVars
* Fixed terrain morphing
* Added background map support
* Updated post processing shaders
* Fixed all reproducible bug reports from Alpha 1
* Fixed BSP V19 and V20 loading algorithm
* Improved overall security of engine and closed several exploits
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by U64 Staff & Contributors (see all)
- Star Trek: Secrets of Vulcan Fury [PC – Cancelled] - 19-09-2017
- Kyskrew (Call Of Destiny) [Dreamcast, PC – Cancelled] - 17-07-2017
- Ride to Hell: Retribution [Beta – Xbox 360, PS3, PC] - 04-07-2017