Resistance 2 is a FPS developed for the PlayStation 3 by Insomniac Games and published by Sony in 2008. Metin has noticed a lot of differences between the old footage and the retail release (and even the private/public beta). The differences are mostly found in the multiplayer mode, as they didn’t change a whole lot in Single Player (or we did not see much from the early development so can’t accurately measure the changes). In Chicago, Hawthorne, Capelli and Warner run with you from the beginning through the alleys. These were previously Black Ops soldiers running with you and it was also a Black Ops soldier who throws a can to the other side of the street to determine where the Hellfire is.
The beta multiplayer mode:
* Objectives had a real names (go take over the gorge, go take over the lumber mill) instead of “capture the beacon” on every single beacon.
* Augers had the RFOM shield (a plate shaped shield in front of you instead of half a circle in front of you).
* Wrath was called the Minigun early on, it didn’t spin up so fast as it does now and it was less powerfull.
* Marksman was called the Sharpshooter early on, and it didn’t have the 3 bullet burst, it had a regular 1 shot with 10 bullets in a clip instead of 33.
* When you killed someone you’d see ammo boxes pop out of there bodies (might sound weird but it actually looks good).
* Grenade boxes looked like the grenade boxes in Co-op.
* Carbine had alot of recoil and a different aim.
* The water on the ground of Orick was not there in the early footage, it only had a dry ground. Also Orick was called Scotia before the private beta began.
* Also in the lumbermill there is a sort of catwalk going to the top, it’s where a Titan spawns in R2 co-op, they had large iron crates there, and wooden poles ontop of eachother there, these were removed in the final game.
* Secondary fire for the Wrath was supossed to be like this: you press R2, you drop a tripod and you get a shield up in front of you. You can’t move, just turn and aim. You could only be killed by a grenade, someone meele’ing you in the back, or a Sniper shot right where the barrel of the gun comes out. (my guess is they changed this because it would not work in a fast paced game like R2).
* Burning cars looked amazing, there was good looking fire, and thick black smoke coming from burning cars. The smoke would not go straight up in the air but it had a small twist to the right, probably due to wind.
Thanks to Metin and Robert_Kendo for the contributions! Thanks to Jason for the english corrections!
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
- Yoshitsune Densetsu [SNES – Cancelled] - 26-06-2020
- Dungeon Hero (Firefly Studios) [Xbox 360, PC – Cancelled] - 26-06-2020
- Orb (Blitz Games) [PS2 – Cancelled] - 19-06-2020