Ratchet Deadlocked (Ratchet: Gladiator in PAL regions, also known as Ratchet & Clank 4) is an arena style shooter from Insomniac games, released on 10/25/05 for the Playstation 2. This game strayed the most from the standard gameplay of the Ratchet and Clank series, being the first and only Ratchet game to be based upon the idea of arena fights instead of exploration.
Combat bots at one point were supposed to have legs instead of their hover base. This changed how they affect gameplay, mainly because flying lets them get a better angle than they could by walking. Also to be seen here, is that when given a command, that command appears above their heads. This can be seen at the very start of the video. The combat bot on the left to be precise. Also here, is a beta version of the ammo crate. It’s orange here, but the final version is green. And also, the ammo refills are the Gadgetron ones, and they are cylinder shaped. The final versions, are more box shaped, and green and black in color. Finally, notice that Ratchet has two combat bots here, and rescues a third. It is not known if the third battle bot would have affected gameplay or not.
Evan Hanley found even more differences in the early trailers shown at E3 and Tokyo Game Show:
- The Eviscerator lacked his leg pads.
- Ace Hardlight has a different missile glove.
- The combat bots had legs at one point.
- The Landstalker had different missile sound effects.
- The HUD was different.
- The health bar was different.
- The weapon icons look slightly different.
- The number text for the health bar, ammo and bolts was different.
- The minimap is different.
- The robot ability box is a different shape.
- There is no level text for the weapons.
- The EXP text is different.
- The EXP bar is smaller and harder to see.
- The Weapon EXP bar is different and in a different position.
- The Landstalker’s health bar is different.
- The Flail Whip has no hit sound effect.
- The Electric Mine Launcher has a different sound effect.
- Ratchet doesn’t grunt when hit.
The Online Multiplayer footage has pretty much the same differences as the Tokyo Game Show Trailer but has different HUDs and activity texts for different modes.
Thanks to Evan for the contribution!
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
- Lada Racing Club 2 [PC – Cancelled] - 10-07-2021
- Hab-12 (Ratloop) [Cancelled – PC] - 07-05-2021
- How to do an interview with a video game developer - 07-05-2021