Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story, released in Japan as Mario & Luigi RPG 3, is a RPG released for the Nintendo DS in 2009. Unreachable normally, thanks to Waluigiuseppe and whoever made the moonjump code, we see some of the normally bowser-only enemies have some leftover attack patterns for the bros. as well. Quite strange and shows that some of these might’ve been programmed without the memo that the bros wouldn’t fight them:
- (Naplock) The blocks are breakable with jump counter
- Dark Fawfulbot) A weird 2-3 minute beam attack, dark fawfulbot head uses a beam attack that needs to be jumped.
- (Choomba) Telegraphs with M and L smoke clouds and only charges, freezes after first turn it seems.
Also, some more differences can be seen in a video (@ 2:13) posted by GigaBowserNS on YouTube:
- Yoshi Story noises present in the rom (and working when there are no yoshis in M&L3)
- M&L2 music (glitchy) in the final still
- Bowser dialogue change during the start of the game
- No icons for mushroom village inside bowser and the globin icon from the area right of it are missing
- Some map cosmetic changes in mushroom kingdom
Neo told us about an unused “Life Shroom”: a Beta Texture of a shroom with a heart can be find hidden in the game’s code!
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by U64 Staff & Contributors (see all)
- Baldur’s Gate 3: The Black Hound [Cancelled – PC] - 19-01-2020
- Colliderz (Sega Saturn) Prototype Found & Preserved - 19-01-2020
- 3 Games That Spent Years in Development Limbo - 10-01-2020