SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom is an action video game based on the television show SpongeBob SquarePants. The game has been released for the GameCube, PlayStation 2 and Xbox. Joel has made us to notice about a beta video that shows some differences from the final game:
1. The green arrows that are shown when targeting an enemy are replaced by a white glove pointing at them in the finalized version.
2. A purple collectible is shown when an enemy is destroyed that is not in the finalized version.
3. Various sound effects and soundtracks are missing.
4. A playable character (Sandy) has a completely different animation for sliding down tracks by doing it on her tail.
5. Another playable character (Spongebob) is shown with less-finalized attacks, showing his “bubble moves” with less detail and they are more rounded in shape.
6. A non-playable character (The Flying Dutchman) is shown in a different area of a level and he looks somewhat different (since he is a ghost character he has a glow effect in the finalized version that isn’t in the beta).
7. There is a smoke effect that I do not recall seeing in the finalized version.
Thanks to Joel for the contribution!
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by monokoma (see all)
- Hellion: Mystery of the Inquisition [Cancelled – PS3, Xbox 360, PC] - 22-08-2017
- Elveon [Xbox 360, PS3, PC – Cancelled] - 15-08-2017
- Heartland (Homeland) [PSP – Cancelled] - 08-08-2017