Mellahan has sent us a mail to make us to notice that Protodude’s Rockman Corner blog has just gotten a hold of a beta build of Mega Man Legends (Rockman DASH) for PSX. The first link contains info over the beta build, while the second link contains the files to download the beta. From the blog we can read that “the (Rockman Dash) beta contains a vast amount of differences from the final retail version, specifically in the graphics and audio department.” It seems that this is considered to be one of the rarest betas around with only ten to fifteen copies in existence! Huge props to Protodude for the sharing!
You can find an interesting list of screens and informations from this beta at MegaMan Legends Station’s. About the differences in this version, another post from Protodude’s blog has a collection of videos from the beta demo and he tell us that there are “different title screen, differend Rock’s character model (smaller, different hair style/color), weird Special Weapon gauge, different Data’s boots, different Buster animation, different Roll’s eyebrows.. and oh so much more!”
Thanks a lot to Mellahan for these links!
Some more differences from Ian & Makubeku:
- Megaman looks different.
- Data dosent offer to save your game(I think)
- I think Megaman has much more health that he starts out with
- The trash cans lids don’t rattle when kicked
- Different NPC layout in Apple Market
- Diferent buildings
- I don’t think Roll runs after the Bone ship in real times
- 1:46 4:03 – theres no car
- houses textures look different
OKeijiDragon has even found some unused dialogues hidden in the XA directory in the final disc! Those unused voices include alternate lines for MegaMan on unlocking the portals to the living quarters, unheard cheering from the TV Reporter after presumably clearing the Bonnes’ robots in City Hall, and more intended dialogue from the Inspector after foiling the “bank robbery”. You can check one of the videos below to hear those dialogues.
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by monokoma (see all)
- Civil Warrior [PS3 – Cancelled] - 14-11-2017
- Conker’s Bad Fur Day 2: Other Bad Day [GameCube, Xbox – Cancelled] - 07-11-2017
- Asteroids 3D Reboot [Xbox – Cancelled] - 30-10-2017