FullMetalMC has sent to us a mail with some interesting images and infos: “These are debug rooms from the original Paper Mario, taken by me using various codes found by others. You can see different rooms:
but dont save or your stuck there
– a strange forest debug that seems to have been used to test the camera: moving around will make the camera move around.
– a mirror debug room.
– a really weird room: when you first enter, theres a bunch of Koopas in a line, but when you talk to them they change into your helpers while a circular wave continues to form around Mario.
– a pipe debug room: none of them work.
– a room with a big purple circle in the back that was originally used to test Goombarios out of battle skill but the message was later changed to the mini game thing. Goombario tells you information about places and enemies but he has no info on all debug rooms except this one.
– the strangest one out of all of them, has a MARIO RPG text on the floor, that might be an extremely early logo. For some reason the screen kept flickering while i was here, only stopping at certain times. If you have a helper out, instead of following you he begins to fly around the room. Theres some numbered exits that use a font that reminds me of Super Mario 64 and i dont think that font was used anywhere else in Paper Mario. These exits (well at least the ones that work) will take you to different periods in the story.”
Thanks to Jose Felipe Riveros Navarro that has sent to us even more images from the debug rooms, we can see a “Pow Block” unused in the final game, another debug room with some strange wooden platform, an hidden star-piece in the Forest debug room and the Koopa Tropas queue!
Hackers also managed to find two enemy names that went unused, D. Paratroopa and Albino Dino. D. Paratroopas moved to the game’s sequel, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and while Albino Dinos did appear in one room of Paper Mario, you never actually fight them. Even more weird, Goombario even has Tattles for these unused enemies:
– This is a D. Paratroopa.
D. Paratroopas are Para-
troopas who live in the
Toad Town Tunnels.
Max HP: 8, Attack Power: 3,
Defense Power: 2
Hammer attacks won’t work
because they’re airborne.
They’ll lose their wings if
you jump on ’em.
They’ll become Dark Koopas
when they fall, but be careful!
They’ll do a dizzy attack
once they’re grounded.
– This is an Albino Dino.
Albino Dinos are the guards
of this frosty place.
Max HP: 8, Attack Power: 4,
Defense Power: 4
Fire attacks won’t work.
Their defense power is huge,
so let’s reduce their HP
steadily using our strongest
Goomther managed to find their battle data using a battle modifier code, and the enemies seem to be fully functional! Check the video below to see them.
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
- Barnyard [Beta – GameCube, PS2, PC] - 24-02-2021
- Dwarfs (Obsidian’s Snow White RPG) [Cancelled – Xbox 360, PS3] - 17-02-2021
- Ghost Recon 2 [PC – Cancelled] - 17-02-2021