Jak 3 is an action game developed by Naughty Dog as the third game in the main Jak and Daxter series, published in 2004 for the PlayStation 2. As we can read on Wikipedia, Jak 3 was first revealed to be in the works by one of Superplay’s writers on January 8, 2004. While browsing the Naughty Dog offices, he saw early work being done with desert environments.
Below you can see a video of a Jak 3 beta dated 24-28 August and about 70% complete, thanks to BamzookiMan130.
- Most maps lack borders, such as water or walls.
- Crates are missing from the game.
- Health bar for vehicles.
- Different noises for collecting items.
- Different shooting noises for the desert drones.
- The Wasteland map is vastly different.
- NPC’s seem to be missing from Haven City.
- The KGB Blast Bot seems to rarely take damage.
- The voicing in the game seems to be unfinished/not started on.
- The Armor of Mar is unused.
- The Jak 2 health bar is used, and even though it is used in the trailer, there seems to be no way to check how much Light Eco you have.
- When Jak changes from the Scatter Gun to the Plasmite RPG, the diagram of the gun doesn’t change.
- There is no appearance of the Dark Mod for the Blaster in the trailer, hinting that one of more variants of it were unfinished.
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by U64 Staff & Contributors (see all)
- Mercenaries 3: No Limits [Cancelled – PS3, Xbox 360] - 14-09-2018
- Three unreleased PlayStation games appear on eBay - 07-09-2018
- Satellite Man [SNES – Cancelled] - 30-08-2018