Munch’s Oddysee was originally intended to be exclusive for the PlayStation 2, however this version was cancelled to make the game exclusively for the Xbox, taking advantage of increased graphical capabilities. However, there were many different features that didn’t make it into the final version of the game. The differences are listed below:
- Sligs were originally able to climb ladders.
- Abe was able to hide in the shadows like in the previous games.
- Sligs smoked cigarettes.
- There was a giant hamster wheel on which the Mudokons ran to power the machines in the facility.
- Sligs were able to beat up Mudokon workers like in the previous games.
- Abe could toss Sligs out of the window, smashing the glass, and making the Slig fall to his death from a great height.
- The Recycler was to have an LCD screen chart for how much meat and fat there was in the chopped up character and to also show how much of it was useful.
- Mudokon natives could grow trees by chanting.
- Mudokon workers wielded chain-saws for chopping down trees.
- Flying helicopters, probably similar to the Flying Sligs.
- A scene of a few Mudokons struggling to walk in the wind. In the same video it then showed a scene with an army of marching Sligs. The marching scene was kept in the game, but as a poor quality movie. The sligs are also marching the opposite way, which can be noted in one of the levels.
- A flying helicopter dropped a SoulStorm Brew vending machine which lands on a Mudokon. The vending machine then fired SoulStorm Brew cans at another Mudokon that knocked him out. The last can landed into the Mudokon’s mouth, forcing him to drink it.
- Creatures called Meetles were meant to appear in this game.
[info from Wikipedia]
Thanks to Userdante for the contribution!
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
- Outcast 2: The Lost Paradise [PC, PS2 – Cancelled] - 12-12-2022
- Metal Lancer [Genesis / Mega Drive – Cancelled] - 24-10-2016
- Switchblade 2 [NES – Cancelled] - 19-01-2016