How to Help U64!1 Apr 2008
There are a lot of great people that help the U64 Archive with infos, images and videos, but it’s not easy to find all the beta stuff that’s out there! Do you want to help too? Send us an e-mail or join our forum!
So, how can you help the the Beta Archive? it’s simple!
1) Share Unseen 64: do you have a website or a blog? Spread the unseen! Add www.unseen64.net to your blogroll or in your links page, write a post about lost games, talk about U64 with your friends and share your beta-geekness: if more people know about this site, we could have more contributions and the archive could grow with more screens, videos and informations!
2) Add your info, images or videos in the Unseen 64 archive! You can edit all the pages in the U64 Archive just like in Wikipedia.. almost! In every page you will find a blue “Edit” link, to add more text, new images or Youtube videos, writing / pasting them in the HTML field. U64 is a community of gamers that love beta & cancelled games and you can be part of this community.
3) Do you play videogames? Great! Now, when you finish a new game, you can just look at the old images and videos for it and see if there are some differences in there. Easy! You can use websites with big archives of images and videos, like these:
Maybe you will find some beta material
4) Do you have a videogame magazine collection from ’80, ’90, ’00? There could be some nice beta images in all those pages! With some free time, a scanner and beta-passion, you can find unseen screenshots in your game magazines that maybe are not online in any website.. yet!
5) You do not have a videogame magazine collection? No problem! Here are some great websites that have big archives with scans of old game magazines:
You can just download them and see if you can find some beta screenshots in them!
6) You do not know what games were cancelled? Again, not a problem! Here are some list for unreleased videogames:
Then you can just search on google, check on your magazines (real ones or the scan) and see if there exist some media for them!
7) Are you a videogames developer or do you know some videogames developers? Do you have any interesting stories, infos, images, videos or strange facts about your work on games, the changes between the proto and the final version, the causes of the cancellation, your hopes for the project? If you want to share these things with the community, you can send us an email, we will really appreciate your contribution to the U64 archive! And you can remain anonymous if you want
8) Are you a beta addicted? Do you like to write about videogames? Are you a master in finding infos, images or videos through google? Are you a real geek? Do you want to help Unseen64? Then you are welcome to join us! Unseen 64 is hiring! We don’t need perfect english skills, but lot of passion for beta videogames and a bit of craziness. Just send us an e-mail and we’ll be happy to add you in our unseen crew! To read more about joining the U64 staff, click here
9) Spare some change? When Unseen 64 was created in 2001, we used a slow, limited but free web-server. Things have changed and we have grown bigger and bigger over all these years. We recently had to upgrade the site and buy a new private web-server. The site is much faster, much friendlier, and much better now but that thing costs a lot! Unseen 64 is an independent site. We work out of our sheer love for beta games, prototypes, and things that would often go unseen by the untrained eye. Or maybe because we are super-geeks. No money is generated from this site so we must pay each and every server bill ourselves. If you want to help Unseen 64 to survive and can donate some of your love, we accept contributions through PayPal, buying some Unseen 64 swag from our Cafepress store or while you buy your favourite games through our Playasia banners. You can just donate how much or little you want. Every cent is really appreciated and sent towards the site. Thank you for even reading this :)
Thanks a lot for your contributions!
Thank you <3