There are a lot of great people that help the Unseen64 Archive with infos, images and videos, but it’s not easy to find all the beta stuff that’s out there! Do you want to help too? Send us an e-mail or follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
How can you help the Unseen64 Archive? It’s simple!
1) Share Unseen 64: do you have a website or a blog? Spread the unseen! Add www.unseen64.net to your blogroll or in your links page, write a post about lost games, talk about U64 with your friends and share your beta-geekness: if more people know about this site, we could have more contributions and the archive could grow with more screens, videos and informations!
2) Add your info, images or videos in the Unseen 64 archive! You can leave a comment in every page, to add more text, link to new images or Youtube videos. U64 is a community of gamers that love beta & cancelled games and you can be part of this community.
3) Add a new game in the Unseen64 archive: do you know of a beta or cancelled videogames that is still missing from the Unseen 64 archive? Send us an email with the description, some images or videos and we will add it to the site ASAP! You can have your name as the author of the article, as a contributor or remain anonymus if you want.
What: rising money
Why: to pay the server that keeps up Unseen 64
How: your donations
Why: because you love unseen games.
Unseen64 is an independent site. No money is generated from our work so we must pay each and every server bill ourselves. We are now raising donations to pay the U64 server for the next year, we need to reach 300$ before August 2015. If you want to help Unseen 64 to survive and if you can donate some of your love, we accept contributions through PayPal / Credit Card and pledges trough Patreon.
Big gaming networks such as IGN or Kotaku have the power and the money to pay a team to work full-time on their websites, and publishing daily updates. We don’t have their resources, but we think we have something better: we have you, a community of gamers that know why it’s important to save beta and cancelled games.
Together on Patreon we can rise enough donations to pay the Unseen 64 server and to create a better website, with frequent updates and insights. We could even rise enough donations to print out a paper book about cancelled videogames.
You can just donate how much or little you want. Every cent is really appreciated and sent towards the U64 Archive, and if you can’t donate, just share this to your rich cousin! Thank you for even reading this :)
Here’s the form for one-off donations:
Thank you <3
5) Do you play videogames? Great! Now, when you finish a new game, you can just look at the old images and videos for it and see if there are some differences in there. Easy! You can use websites with big archives of images and videos, like these:
Maybe you will find some beta material
6) Do you have a videogame magazine collection from ’80, ’90, ’00? There could be some nice beta images in all those pages! With some free time, a scanner and beta-passion, you can find unseen screenshots in your game magazines that maybe are not online in any website.. yet!
7) You do not have a videogame magazine collection? No problem! Here are some great websites that have big archives with scans of old game magazines:
– N64 Magazines from Spain
You can just download them and see if you can find some beta screenshots in them!
8) You do not know what games were cancelled? Again, not a problem! Here are some list for unreleased videogames:
Then you can just search on google, check on your magazines (real ones or the scan) and see if there exist some media for them!
9) Are you a videogames developer or do you know some videogames developers? Do you have any interesting stories, infos, images, videos or strange facts about your work on games, the changes between the proto and the final version, the causes of the cancellation, your hopes for the project? If you want to share these things with the community, you can send us an email, we will really appreciate your contribution to the U64 archive! And you can remain anonymous if you want :)