Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal is a platform / third person shooter developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony. It is the third installment in the Ratchet & Clank series and was released in November 2004. [Info from Wikipedia]
Bowsersenemy was able to notice various differences in the early beta screens and in some videos:
- The upgraded version of the N60 storm, used the icon from the Lancer from RAC 2. The whole weapon status meter is from RAC 2!
- In another beta screen the N60 had the icon of the second form Lancer, with LESS max ammo than before!
- A beta screenshot of the multiplayer mode
- Some removed enemies
- A removed wrench weapon
- Holostar studios mission was set in the evening, while the final version is in the day.
- Qwark vid comics had beta timer, beta life bar, and beta Q token counter (bottom right corner)
You can read more info in the original Ratchet & Clanck Beta Topic in the U64 Forum!
About halfway through the video, at about 2:11, a beta version of Korgon Outpost is shown. it shows at least, that the ground is different, and something about an invisible platform.
At the start, it shows blowing up a bridge, what i’d call an alpha life meter, and the Going Commando weapons meter. i don’t remember being able to blow up the bridges, but i could be wrong.
The next scene appears to be battle mode in split screen.
The final scene, shows a more beta ish life meter, the beta weapons meter, and a beta bolt counter. they’re closer to final here. also, what could be a beta drop ship. more on that later.
here, at the bottom left part of the screen, at 11 seconds into the video, you can see a beta of the Auto Turrets. that’s pretty much it.
Also, in Aliceatry’s YT channel we can have a look at many videos from the Insomniac Museum, a bonus area tethat contains models and info about the development of the game!
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by monokoma (see all)
- G.I. Joe: Operation Ultra [PS2, Xbox, GameCube – Cancelled] - 16-08-2019
- Matchman [DS, Wii, PS3 – Cancelled] - 16-08-2019
- Mario Motors (Yoot Saito) [Nintendo DS – Cancelled] - 08-08-2019