Flower, Sun, and Rain is a game developed by Goichi Suda and Grasshopper Manufacture: the game was originally released in Japan on the PlayStation 2 in 2001 with an enhanced Nintendo DS port that was released in Japan / Europe in 2008 and it’s scheduled to be released in USA in June 2009. FSR is one of the weirdest, crazier, nonsensical and wonderful adventure games ever, with a story that it’s like a mix between a David Lynch film, an episode of Lost and your favourite (or worst) mathematical problems from elementary school. You know, the usual Suda 51 storytelling style that we all love.
In early target renders / concept arts from the PS2 version we can see some interesting beta differences:
- Sumio used a different kind of car.
- Kusabi (the girl) never shows herself in a car-scene like this one.
- The characters have a weird design, different from the final version.
- There’s an unknown scene with 2 characters (Yoshimitsu Koshimizu and Remy Fawzil) that was never used in the final game. Also, the place does not look like any know area. In this picture the HUD looks like the one from the Silver Case games.
- In general, these target renders dont look like the final game.
Thanks to Topdrunkee for the contribution!
What do you think about this unseen game? Give your vote!
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
- Streets of Rage Online (BottleRocket) [PS3, Xbox 360 – Cancelled] - 21-09-2020
- Blackstar (Spacetime Studios) [PC – Cancelled] - 21-09-2020
- Spy Hunter Returns / Millennium [N64 – Cancelled] - 15-09-2020