Clay Fighter: Call of Putty is a cancelled fighting game in the ClayFighter series, started for the Super NES in 1993. On September 2009 Interplay announced a return of ClayFighter for WiiWare and DSiWare, with a new project named “Clay Fighter: Call of Putty”, a joke with Call of Duty. This game was suppose to be released in 2011 but it soon vanished in limbo.
Some info were published in Nintendo Power, November 2010 issue:
- Updated version of Clay Fighter 63 1/3 for the N64
- 16 fighters
- Bad Mr. Frosty, Kung Pow, High Five, Bonker, Lady Liberty, and Sumo Santa, Boogerman, Earthworm Jim included and i have heard rummors about hobo cop coming back
- Standard punches and kicks (3 strengths each)
- Powerful meter-based supermoves
- Finishing moves (Claytalities)
- Training mode
- Single-player story mode available
- Exhibition matches and 2-player versus mode as well
- Late 2010/early 2011 release
If you have more info in this lost project, please let us know!
Video from the original N64 version:
U64 is an archive with articles, screens and videos for cancelled, beta & unseen videogames. Every change & cut creates a different gaming experience: we would like to save some documents about this evolution for curiosity, historic and artistic preservation.