Black & White: Creatures is a cancelled DS game that was based on the original Black & White, a PC game developed by Lionhead Studios and published by Electronic Arts and Feral Interactive in 2001. The original game was a “God Simulation”, which included elements of artificial life, strategy, and fighting games, but we are not sure about the gameplay of this unreleased DS port.
It seems that Black & White DS was going to be more like a “Pet Simulator”, in which to raise your creature to make it to fight against other creatures. Here’s the original press release:
* Numerous game play modes: Single Player, Creature Quest, Creature Pen, Creature Battle Multiplayer and a Creature Dance mini-game where you can teach your creature to get down!
* 10 different species of creatures with several new, never-before-seen breeds
* Specific DS touch screen features include custom tattoo design and ‘God’s Hand’ stylus control to punish or reward your creature via specific stylus movements
* Revolutionary creature AI adds a deeper training simulation and strategy game play experience
* Huge array of animations, personalities and actions bring your creature to life
* Pit your creature against your friend’s creatures via the Nintendo DS wireless link
* Use the Nintendo DS microphone to verbally berate or encourage your creature during training
* 8 different island environments ranging from arid deserts to frozen tundras
* Hundreds of awards and items to collect and unlock
* Based on the award winning franchise from Lionhead Studios
After some months / year of development by Full-Fat studio, Black & White Creatures vanished without any official statment.
Would you like to add more info, screens or videos to this page? Add a comment below!
Latest posts by U64 Staff & Contributors (see all)
- Unseen Interview: Brian McNeely (Lobotomy Software) - 09-03-2015
- Do you love to write about videogames? We are hiring! - 10-02-2015
- The Unseen64 server for 2015 is 100% funded. Thank you! - 05-02-2015